Reception Home Learning Page
Hello Brilliant Butterflies, thank you for all the hard work you are doing, keep it up! It’s lovely to keep in touch and see all your home learning on Purple mash and on our class email. We are missing you all, and hope to see you all again soon!
Week Beginning: Monday 6th July 2020
Keep on exploring Purple Mash! When you log on, look at the right hand side of the screen.Scroll down the feature menu and click on to the Weekly Activities (3-5). This week the text non-fiction and is all about space (week 15).
We are not setting any 2Do’s as I would like you to choose the activities that you enjoy and challenge your self to try and complete the next level.
This week I have chosen a story called Here Come the Aliens –the author is Colin McNaughton
Listen to the story with your grown up and tell them about your favourite part.
Did you like the story? If you did ask your grown up to find you some more stories by Colin McNaughton.
- Can you find out how many planets there are on our solar system?
- Can you find their names?
- Can you think of a mnemonic (a memorable rhyme) to remember their names in the order they go around the sun? Use this link to help you
- Draw a space alien, think of a special name for it.
- How many eyes will he have?
- What colour will he be?
- Draw yourself with the alien,and write two speech bubbles showing what you would say to each other when you first met.
Draw and lable some alien food for example:-
gooey,green eye ball cupcakes
Write a message for the aliens to find floating around in space.
Keep on practising writing both of your names in the cursive script.
If you have time please practice writing a list of your favourite toys using cursive letters.
Keep on working on your phonics
Carry on working on your phase 3 phonics-using the link.
I would like you to try the game called Picnic on Pluto-using real and fake words.
Also on Purple Mash there are phonics games to play.
Please continue with the White Rose Maths home learning
Once you are on the site, click on ‘home learning for early years’.
Click on the red bar-get activity, there a selection of activities for each day.
You may like to try some number activities, click on the link to play some games about 2D and 3D shape
Last week in school we had lots of fun following the energizers on Jumpstart Jonny’s website.
This week’s story is about Zacchaeus the tax collector, who lived in Jericho when Jesus was alive.
Watch the video clip and ask your grown up to explain to you what a tax collector was.
- What do you think he did wrong?
- Why did Jesus forgive him?
- What can we do if we make the wrong choices to show that we are sorry?
- Draw a picture of Zacchaeus hiding in the tree, so he could see Jesus.
We hope that you have fun with these activities, take care and keep safe.
Mrs Helm and Miss Edensor