Year 1 Home Learning Page
I can’t believe this is the last week of the Summer Term! I have loved seeing pictures of you enjoying your learning at home, hearing how you are getting on and receiving messages over Purple Mash.
This will be the last week that Purple Mash homework will be set as your 2Dos, these will end on Friday 17th July. You will still be able to go into Purple Mash and explore the different areas and play different games if you enjoy them.
My favourite thing about the summer holidays, apart from spending time with my family, is that I get time to read and I have lots of lovely books lined up, I hope that you will continue to enjoy reading lots of books and comics over the coming weeks too.
Wishing you all a happy and safe holiday. Mrs Lauben, Mrs Roberts and I have loved helping you learn and will look forward to seeing you in September as big Year 2’s!
Week Beginning: 13th July 2020
1. Make a list of the top 10 things you enjoyed learning about or did in Year 1.
2. Fill a bottle of dreams. Take an empty bottle (make sure it’s dry inside) and make 10 strips of paper. Write a wish or dream you have for when you are in Year 2. Decorate your bottle and then keep it somewhere safe. You can open the bottle next year and see how many dreams came true!
3. Go mad dancing to Go Noodle’s Celebration song.
4. Make a menu for a celebration meal. Decorate your menu. Remember to include some healthy food as well as all the yummy treats I know you love to eat.
5. Make a paper monster book mark for all the books you’re going to read! Can you remember that we made these at school and they are easier than they look. There are lots of other paper projects to keep you busy by Red Ted Crafts on YouTube.
6. Read the book ‘Oh the Places You’ll Go’ by Dr. Seuss if you have access to a copy or watch this video of it being read aloud. Then write down the places that you want to go when you grow up, things you want to learn, people you want to meet, and the things you want to do in your life.
Take care of yourselves, have fun and stay safe.