Year 3 Home Learning Page
Wow, this is the last week of the Summer term! What a strange year it has been, it feels like it has been ages since we were all in school together. We have loved being your teachers whilst you have been in Year 3 and we are very sad that our time together got cut short. It will be so wonderful for things to get back to normal and to see you all again in September as grown-up Year 4s, the oldest in the school! We hope that you all have a happy and safe holiday with your family and friends and are really looking forward to seeing you again soon.
You have done so well with completing your learning at home and it has been really lovely seeing the work you have been doing and you having fun with it. This will be the last week that Purple Mash homework will actually be being put into your 2Dos. You will still be able to go into Purple Mash over the summer though and explore the different areas and play different games if you enjoy them.
The last week of term is always a celebration. A time to look back at how much you have learned and grown and remember the fantastic times you’ve had with your friends. So the activities this week will all be to celebrate your time in Year 3 and also get you thinking about moving up to your next year group.
Week Beginning: Monday 13th July 2020
1. Make a list of the top 10 things you enjoyed learning about or did in Year 3.
2. Create a memory wheel. Write ‘Year 3’ in the middle of the wheel and around the wheel write down/draw your favourite memories. These could include a class trip, a funny moment with your friend or teacher, your favourite outdoor activity etc.
3. Choose your absolute favourite Year 3 memory from your memory wheel and write it as a comic strip using one of these templates.
4. Go mad dancing to Go Noodle’s Celebration song.
5. Make a menu for a celebration meal. Decorate your menu. Remember to include some healthy food as well as all the yummy treats I know you love to eat.
6. Fill a bottle of dreams. Take an empty bottle (make sure it’s dry inside) and make 10 strips of paper. Write a wish or dream you have for when you are in Year 4 on each bit of paper. Decorate your bottle and then keep it somewhere safe. You can open the bottle next year and see how many dreams came true!
7. Read the book ‘Oh the Places You’ll Go’ by Dr. Seuss if you have access to a copy or watch this video of it being read aloud. Then write down the places that you want to go when you grow up, things you want to learn, people you want to meet, and the things you want to do in your life.
8. Make a paper monster book mark for all the books you’re going to read over the summer! These are so cute and actually quite simple to make. There are lots of other paper projects to keep you busy by Red Ted Crafts on YouTube too.
Take care of yourselves this summer holiday everyone,
have fun and stay safe!