At Tynsel Parkes Church of England Primary Academy our vision is for everyone to feel valued and be all they can be whilst embracing Christian values in our daily lives.’
Curriculum Statement of Intent:
At Tynsel Parkes CE Primary Academy we support children ‘to be all they can be’, we aim to provide high quality learning that challenges and inspires, whilst embracing Christian Values in our daily lives. Our curriculum is designed not only to fulfill statutory requirements but to enthuse all children with a love of learning. This will be achieved through a mixture of; exploration, discovery, creativity and a variety of learning opportunities that broaden children’s knowledge and understanding. Children will develop enquiring minds and a love of learning encapsulating the school motto ‘Loving and Learning together’.
Aims of the curriculum:
The curriculum will support our children to:
- For children to feel valued and become all they can be whilst embracing Christian values in our daily lives.
- Develop lively and enquiring minds.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Develop a love of reading – experiencing a range of texts that the children have read for themselves and that has been read to them.
- Learn the essential skills of life.
- Explore and understand the world that we live in.
- Develop an appreciation of the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- Express themselves creatively and enjoy the creativity of others.
- Develop an appreciation of a wide range of human achievement.
- Develop personal, moral and spiritual values, including respect for others.
- Be prepared for the opportunities and responsibilities of life in an ever-changing world.
- Develop enquiring minds and become curious learners, having the opportunities to become risk takers with their learning. Using their thinking skills to be creative and problem solve independently.
- Develop a wide range of interests and appreciate the need for a healthy lifestyle.
- Set personal standards of achievement and value excellence.